The TJX Companies, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, "TJX", "we", "us" or "our") operate our stores, websites, and mobile apps. This Privacy Statement pertains to the personal information we collect or generate about our customers in our stores, on our websites, or via mobile apps. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information collected, and how your information is used, shared and protected. It also explains the choices you have relating to your information and how you can contact us.
The TJX entity responsible for processing your information (the "data controller") will depend on where you are located. Refer to Appendix A for information about the data controllers. Please note that T.K. Maxx and HomeSense are trading names of the data controllers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of information about you that we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle may vary by country and applicable law. Typically, we will collect, store and process information about you if you use our websites to view or buy products, e-vouchers or gift cards, or if you voluntarily provide us with such information, for example when you subscribe to our mailing list, enter a promotion or competition, contribute content about yourself to our websites, whether by direct upload, posting such content to one of our social media pages or by using a hashtag or other identifier that we use to integrate social media content with our websites, or if you apply for a job or take part in inquiries or surveys. This information will be processed by electronic means and includes:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender and date of birth;
- payment or credit card information;
- personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference;
- content you may provide via a form on our websites;
- your image and any personal information that you include in content that you contribute to our websites (such as comments, photos and videos) as well as the name of the social media account from which you contribute that information; and
- other personal information you provide to us on our websites, via mobile apps, on feedback forms, in our stores or when you interact with us in other ways, both online and offline.
USE OF INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, we may collect, use, disclose or otherwise handle your information to:
- enable the use of and make improvements to our websites;
- process business transactions and related activities;
- supply our goods and services;
- send direct marketing materials to you if you have agreed for us to do so;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business and websites;
- manage customer, supplier and vendor relationships;
- Enroll you in and administer our loyalty and other rewards programs upon your request;
- Improve merchandise selections and customer service;
- Identify your product and service preferences;
- Notify you about new products, services, features, promotions, events and special offerings relating to TJX that we think you will find valuable;
- Administer your participation in promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Verify your identity in certain instances (such as when you return merchandise or request a refund);
- meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- Secure our operations and protect against, identify and help prevent fraud, unauthorized activity, claims and other liabilities and minimize risk.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, otherwise disclose, or share information we collect and hold about you, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to host our websites or mobile apps, operate certain of its features, send e-mails, print or send mailings, run our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, conduct customer research, authorize and process your payments, manage and analyze data and our advertising effectiveness, and fulfill orders. These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Any personal information shared with such third parties is protected as described below.
Subject to applicable law, we may also share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, subsidiaries and other group companies. If we share your personal information with such persons, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We also may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena) including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights; or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation), but only where we have first taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. However, we cannot guaranty the effectiveness of these safeguards, and nothing in this notice shall be construed as an express or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Service providers who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, implement adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we process is reliable for its intended use, is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and is limited to the information required to carry out processing for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
We may transfer to and store the information we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in accordance with applicable law. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect the information as described in this Privacy Statement and comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of information to countries outside the EEA.
Please note that individuals in Poland have the right to object to data transfers to other data controller entities within the TJX group.
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights with respect to our processing of your information. You may have the right to request access to the information we hold about you, obtain confirmation as to whether or not information concerning you exists, be informed of the content and source of such information and check its accuracy. In addition, you may have the right to correct, update, delete, block, cancel, or object to the use of, your information held by us.
If you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by:
- checking the applicable box(es) on any form we may use to collect information from you;
- clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of our marketing e-mails; or
- otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes.
You can withdraw any consent given to us at any time and free of charge, but you may no longer be able to benefit from our services if you do so.
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
50 Clarendon Road
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our processing of your information and privacy practices. We will post a prominent notice on each of the applicable websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated.